[Review] Veronica Roth - Insurgent

Title: Insurgent
Series: Divergent #2
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Published: May 2012
ISBN13: 9780062024046
Pages: 525
Rating: 5/5 stars
Format: ebook
Start: 12 April 2015
Finish: 13 April 2015

This review contains spoilers from the previous book.

Review:
I didn't put the synopsis of this book because I've been trying to formulate my own version of it but ended up nowhere. I don't like the Goodreads' version so I decided not to put it altogether. I'm a very bad reviewer, I know.

"Insurgent," he says. "Noun. A person who acts in opposition to the established authority, who is not necessarily regarded as a belligerent."

This is my favorite book of the trilogy. I enjoy Insurgent very much, Veronica Roth's writing style is so easy to get through, and I haven't been spoiled with any twists of this book. It's a very great experience for me to be able to read the whole trilogy with minimum spoilers. 

As much as I love this book, there are a few things that I dislike. First of all, about the way dystopian books work. Is it a thing about dystopian book that there's a new hierarchy of the world after an apocalypse but then someone will try to overthrow the new government/kingdom/hierarchy? I have only read 3 dystopian series (Hunger Games, The Selection, Divergent) yet all of them had it. It made me feel meh to read another dystopian book.

I read somewhere, once, that crying defies scientific explanation. Tears are only meant to lubricate the eyes. There is no real reason for tear glands to overproduce tears at the behest of emotion.
I think we cry to release the animal parts of us without losing our humanity. Because inside me is a beast that snarls, and growls, and strains toward freedom, toward Tobias, and, above all, toward life. And as hard as I try, I cannot kill it.

Then, the ups and downs of Tris and Four's relationship is killing me. I like it when they're in the same page, working together, understanding each other. But every time one of them hides something from the other, I just roll my eyes. Is it so hard for them to communicate with each other? *sigh*

The ending is pretty intriguing for me. Finally I'm going to get the answers for the questions that lingered in my mind since I read Divergent. And thankfully Allegiant already coming out so I didn't have to wait for so long.

People, I have discovered, are layers and layers of secrets. You believe you know them, that you understand them, but their motives are always hidden from you, buried in their own hearts. You will never know them, but sometimes you decide to trust them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals