[Review] Lauren Oliver - Liesl & Po

Title: Liesl & Po (Goodreads)
Author: Lauren Oliver
Publisher: HarperCollins
Published: October 2011
ISBN: 9780062107398
Pages: 320
Rating: 3/5 stars
Format: Paperback
Start: 7 February 2016
Finish: 22 March 2016


Synopsis:
Liesl lives in a tiny attic bedroom, locked away by her cruel stepmother. Her only friends are the shadows and the mice - until one night a ghost named Po appears from the darkness.

That same evening, an alchemist's apprentice, Will, makes an innocent mistakes that has tremendous consequences for Liesl and Po, and it draws the three of them together on an extraordinary journey.

Review:
This is going to be another short review like I did before. I don't remember a lot about this book. I just know that I'm not going to keep it in my bookshelf. Not because of the story, but because of the yellowed and kinda greasy pages of it.

Put that aside, this book actually has some pretty good illustrations. They give a pretty dark atmosphere for the story and makes it easier for me to imagine things that are happening in this book.

I liked the story just fine. The characters are fine, too. I liked Mo and Bundle. I felt bad for Will but feeling nothing towards Liesl. Overall, the whole thing was just fine for me. Including the writing style.

I guess that is all for my review this time. I know I barely stated anything about this book. But I've forgotten a lot about it. So yeah... that will be all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher