September 2017 Wrap Up

September.. is a very interesting month for me. I started this month with so much joy because my family and I went on a vacation on my birthday. And then it started to went downhill until the end of the month where there's just so many things to do and not enough time to do it. Oh, and I also (for the first time) unable to go to Big Bad Wolf. It was a bit frustrating at first because I really wanted to go but the situation was just not right for me. So I ended up buying books from the jastip (I don't know what they're called, it's like personal shopper but specifically for discounted items) on Instagram. And.. my life was pretty much okay ever since then.

In September, I also participate on @hanabookreview and @dblueholics's #bbwreadathon2017. So basically on September I only read books that I bought on the previous BBW event. And it resulted in me only picking up 3 books this month. And here they are:


1. Rainbow Rowell - Eleanor & Park
This is my second Rainbow Rowell's book and I liked it much more than the first one. It tackled some hard topics and even though I've never experienced it, I think it was done perfectly. I got happy and smiley as well as sad and annoyed by the things that happened in this book. It was a very enjoyable read and so I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.


2. Patrick Ness - The Knife of Never Letting Go
This is my third time reading Patrick Ness's book so I put my expectations pretty high. And it definitely delivered because the suspense as well as the running-away aspect in this book was written so well. I love the dynamic between the 2 main characters and especially Manchee. He was just so cute and adorable. There are things in this book that bothered me. No, not the writing style, because Todd's POV didn't bother me at all. But there are some events in the middle of the book that I think was just too convenient. Other than that, I like this book a lot so I gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars.


3. Patrick Ness - The Ask and the Answer
The first book ended up in a cliffhanger so it's only natural that I read this book as soon as I can. It wasn't as fast-paced as the first book but I liked the politic aspect in it. Honestly, the whole story already become so blurred in my mind because I read the whole trilogy back to back (currently reading the third book, Monsters of Men). And again, just like the first book, it ended on a cliffhanger. So overall I gave it 4.5 out of 5 stars, just like the first book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals