[Project] TBR

There's a new project I'd like to tell you that I'm currently working on. It all started when I saw a video series from Booksandlala called the Book Closet Unhaul. Basically she will watch a book haul that she made 2 years earlier and then count how many of those books that she has read, unhauled, or still haven't read a.k.a her TBR books.

All of the books that she haven't read will become a part of her TBR for the next month. If she managed to read them, then she will keep it. But if she didn't, she will unhauled it the next month. There's some other rules that she apply but I think you already get the point of what I'm going to do now.

Basically, I'm going to count how many books that I bought and still haven't read from 2015 (the year that I started blogging) until now (17). Then I'll make them my 'main' TBR for the year. I still haven't come up with a decision of what will I do if I didn't managed to read all of them this year. But judging by the number I think I'm pretty confident to say that I can finish them this year.

The hard part is, there are some books that I owned before 2015 and still on my TBR shelf. There are around 20-30 of them. Now that's a number that I'm not confident to finish reading this year. So for those books, I'm going to cut some slack for myself and try to read them as much as I could but it will be okay if I can only read 1 or 2 of them. They're not exactly an easy read so I won't push myself so hard on it.

To make things easier, I made 2017-TBR shelf on my Goodreads page that consists of the 17 books that I need to finish this year. They are:

  • Whindy Puspitadewi - Heart and Soul
  • Jaqueline Brahms - 20, 30, 40
  • Iwan Setyawan - 9 Summers 10 Autumns
  • Maggie Tiojakin - Balada Ching-Ching dan Balada Lainnya
  • Tracy Garvis-Graves - On the Island
  • Joan D. Vinge - 47 Ronin
  • Windry Ramadhina - Last Forever
  • Cornelia Funke - Inkspell
  • Cornelia Funke - Inkdeath
  • Jenny Han - It's Not Summer Without You
  • Jenny Han - We'll Always Have Summer
  • Sue Monk Kidd - The Invention of Wings
  • Liane Moriarty - Big Little Lies
  • Joanne Harris - Five Quarters of the Orange
  • Jojo Moyes - Me Before You
  • Leo Tolstoy - Anna Karenina
  • Robert Adhi Ksp - Andy Noya: Kisah Hidupku
So that's it, all of the books that I planned to read this year. So far the number has decreased into 16 and I'm going to delete them from the 2017-TBR along the way until it reached 0 by (fingers-crossed) the end of the year. 

Stay tuned for my monthly update and have a nice weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher