April 2017 Book Haul & Wrap Up

Hey there! I know, I know, it's been over a month since I posted anything on this blog. I tried to make a series book review, but things got in the way so I have to postpone that.

Anyway, be ready for the craziest book haul that I ever did... in my life. I guess. I've never spent this much money within the span of 1-2 weeks for book purchase before. Or any other purchases to be honest. Well, without further ado, here they are:

April 2017 Book Haul
My purchase at BBW Jakarta 2017 (that I bought myself):
 

 


Books that I sent back to the publisher because my copy has defect and they give me 1 bonus book:

Books that I got from BBW Jakarta 2017 (using Jastip):

Books from a seller that I found on Instagram:

That's it. All of the book that I got on April 2017. It was insane beyond my own imagination, because now my bookshelf is waaayy too overcrowded with books. I've been thinking to get another bookshelf but there's no more available space in my room or anywhere in my house (that I prefer). So for now, my job is to only read and review them so I can move my books around the shelf :D

April 2017 Wrap Up
Even though I took my annual leave for 5 days on April, my wrap up didn't increase much. I only finished 9 books on April. Here they are:

 

1. Melina Marchetta - Looking for Alibrandi
This is one of my favorite book when I was in high school. I just love the complicated life that Josephine had, the way she handled things and how her character developed from the beginning to the end of the book. 

2. Ken Terate - Jurnal Jo: Online
I liked this book better than the first book because I think Jo can finally adapted to being a junior high school student, not elementary school student anymore. My favorite part about this book is the accuracy that this book showed during those time when Internet and Social Media started to become a thing for students in school (whatever degree they're in).

 

3. Windry Ramadhina - Walking After You
Picking Windry Ramadhina's book always makes me happy afterward. Even though the story can be sad sometimes, but mostly it will have sweet moments. And that always makes me smile whenever I remember the book or trying to write the review like now.

4. Fakhrisina Amalia - Persona
What shocked me about this book is not the mental illness matter that this book covered, but the mislead synopsis at the back of the book. Even though the twist is not exactly new to me, but it still offers a different point of view of how things like that should be handled. I know I sounded so mysterious but trust me, you'll want to read this book without knowing anything.

 

5. Frances Hodgson Burnett - A Little Princess
I looove this book. I love Sara's personality, I love the story line, I love everything about it. This is a very heartwarming book and I really enjoy it. I even watch a part of the movie at the end of April. Even though the movie is a bit different from the book (as always), I think the cast of the characters are really fitting.

6. Walt Disney's Classic Storybook
There are some stories here that I haven't read or even heard about. I think I liked some of them and feeling okay about the rest of the stories.

 

7. Prisca Primasari - Love Theft #1
I've read a book by Prisca Primasari before, Eclair. I had a hard time to get into the names of the character on that book. In this book, I had a hard time to understand the writing style. I didn't say this book is bad, because I do like the story and the characters in this book. It's just so hard to understand them sometimes.

8. Prisca Primasari - Love Theft #2
I enjoy the story and the character development in this book better than the previous book. With that being said, I also hate the love story that happened in this book. Too much tears and drama in my opinion. I do like the ending, though. It seems appropriate, given the circumstances.


9. Ken Terate - Jurnal Jo: Episode Cinta
Funny story, I actually finished this book on April but it didn't show up at my My Books menu on Goodreads. So, today, May 28th, I decided to update this post just so I can have a proper review for this book (?). I think at the end I still like Jo's character development. I still think it will be a good book for me when I was at her age, but not now. I don't think I'll reread this story, but overall I enjoyed reading the Jurnal Jo series.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals