March 2017 Book Haul & Wrap Up

Hi there! Another month has started and I'm VERY excited! There will be some holiday and 'more' because I'm taking my annual leave this month. And there will be BBW 2017 as well! Hopefully I can save enough money this month so I can buy many many books there :D

March 2017 Book Haul
Even though I'm planning to save money for BBW next month, I still can't help myself to buy some books last month. One of them is actually a pretty good purchase as well, because it's pretty cheap even though they're used.


The one that I'm talking about is Bumi Manusia by Pramoedya Ananta Toer. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about Rumah Cokelat or Magical Seira #1 because they're not exactly in perfect shapes. The rest of them is new so there's no problem whatsoever. They came faster than my previous order in Periplus.com, though, so every thing's good :)

  1. Sitta Karina - Rumah Cokelat
  2. Sitta Karina - Magical Seira #1 - Seira and the Legend of Madriva
  3. Frances Hodgson Burnett - A Little Princess
  4. Aesop's Fables
  5. Johanna Spyri - Heidi
  6. L. Frank Baum - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz and Glinda of Oz
  7. J. M. Barrie - Peter Pan & Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens
  8. Rudyard Kipling - The Jungle Book & The Second Jungle Book
  9. Pramoedya Ananta Toer - Bumi Manusia
March 2017 Wrap Up
I'm pretty happy with the way my new routine coming along. I basically read on my way to and from work (as long as I can) and before I go to sleep. On my weekend, I was hoping that I can write more reviews. Unfortunately that still hasn't worked out. But I'm still feeling positive that someday, I'll conquer that issue :p


I managed to read 8 books last month. 1 of them is not on the picture as well as not on my Goodreads because they're not listed. Overall, I read 4 english books as well as 4 Indonesian books. I didn't get to read any over-500-pages book but I get to finish The Coldest Girl in Coldtown and that's pretty much the same thing :)

 

1. Matthew Quick - The Silver Linings Playbook
I absolutely adored this book. It's very heartwarming as well as heartbreaking. I liked the characters in the book, how they developed as the story goes, and how they complement each other. I'm talking about Pat and Tiffany as well as his family. Even though football isn't my 'thing', I liked the way it brings people, strangers or acquaintance, together. So 5 out of 5 stars for this great book.

2. Inside Out
I've watched this movie a couple of times. I really liked it. Not the way I love other movies, but I really liked it. And reading the book gave me the same feeling as watching the movie: I liked it very much but that's it. Oh, and reading this book actually got me thinking. If everyone has 5 sets of 'thoughts' in their mind, who would be the leader of them all? I think mine is either Sad or Disgust. Definitely not Joy and hopefully not Angry :p

 

3. Tere Liye - Hujan
I love this book! It's my second Tere Liye's book and even though I've noticed some patterns with his books, I liked it nonetheless. Not as much as I love Tentang Kamu, but very close. My favorite part about this book is Maryam and the relationship between Lail and Esok. My not-so-favorite part would be Lail and Esok. Yup, I didn't exactly like them as a character even though I enjoy how their relationship progressed. I liked the story line and the positive vibes that this book offer. That things might and will go wrong (eventually), but there will be ways to fix it, to make it better, as long as we tried our best to solve it.

4. Lewis Carroll - Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
I don't like both Alice in Wonderland as well as Through the Looking Glass. I get that they're whimsical and weird and consist of many songs/poets/verses. But that's not exactly my thing. My main problem is the fact that I can't understand the story line in this book. In both book. I understand why some people liked this book, but I just can't.

 

5. Stephanie Kuehn - Charm & Strange
Another weird book, but in a good way. I don't exactly understand what happen in this book until almost at the end of it. I can only guess it. But once I fully understand what happened, I really liked it. By then I can understand the unsettling feeling that I had about the events in this book. I felt bad for Andrew and his family, especially Keith and Siobhan. This book definitely had trigger warning for so many things. But to tell you that means giving you spoilers about the events in this book, so proceed carefully.

6. Holly Black - The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
I had a pretty high expectations about this book. I mean, my previous Vampire book is the Vampire Academy with a lot of actions and story in it. But there's barely any action in this book. Things are happening, yes, but they're not as action-packed as I was hoping/expecting for. Put that aside, I actually liked the character in this book. I think Tana is a very good character and I love her character development as the story goes.


7. Ken Terate - Jurnal Jo
I picked this book out on a whim, hoping for a light and funny read. And I think it did just that. It's a perfect book for anyone on the age of 11-14 because it's filled with many problems that teenager had to face, the transition between elementary school to junior high school. There are some nostalgic moments for me where I remember my own experience during those time. Overall it's very light and I'm curious to see how things will turned out in the next books.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Share the Love 2017: #Giveaway oleh @mandewi dan @afifahtamher

2018 Reading Goals